Maude Central Otago Pinot Gris 2017
Quince, pear, musk and rose petal florals are abundant in our Pinot Gris. The palate is full with poached pear and spice flavours, yet finishes crisp, clean and precise.
SOLD OUT - Maude Pinot Gris 2018 vintage now available here.
Thankfully Summer turned to Autumn, the winds subsided, the sun shone at last, the grass browned off and the light crop on the vines ripened slowly but with ease. With smaller berry size and late ripening the fruit harvested from the 2017 vintage had an intensity and power which we believe will class it amidst the great vintages of our region.
Hand harvested from four vineyards in Central Otago. One being our family vineyard, Mt Maude in Wanaka, the balance from vineyards we work closely with on Maori Point Rd, Lowburn and Gibbston Valley. 60 % of the juice is fermented in stainless steel contributing to the delicate and pure aromatics in the wine. The remaining 40% is fermented in older oak barriques giving viscosity and texture. Combining the parcels creates a Pinot Gris both aromatic and textural. Winery Notes