Rutherglen Estate Tempranillo 2018

Deep, dark with vibrant red hues. Elements of berry fruit, a cherry compote finish with mouth-filling grainy tannins. Crushed red fruits and dark berries with subtle elements of tobacco.

In stock
SKU
9300752120669
Now Only $18.99 Regular Price $19.99
Dozen:$227.88
De Bortoli Wines

Find out more about De Bortoli Wines

 

PRODUCT AVAILABILITY VARIES AT EACH LOCATION CALL TO CONFIRM AVAILABILITY

DELIVERY INFORMATION

SPEND $200 & GET FREE DELIVERY TO MOST OF AUSTRALIA

 

 

TYPICAL DELIVERY TIMES & RATES

 

*NOT GUARANTEED*

Victoria 1-5 business days

Flat Rate $4.95 Per Order

ACT & New South Wales 2-3 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $11 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $5 Per Order

Queensland 3-5 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $11 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $9 Per Order

Tasmania 4-5 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $17 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $15 Per Order

South Australia 4-5 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $11 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $5 Per Order

Western Australia 8-10 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $16 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $15 Per Order

Northern Territory 8-10 business days

11 Items/Bottles or Less $35 Per Order

12 Items/Bottles or More $40 Per Order

*Note some bundles considered one item*

 

Orders are despatched within 1 to 2 business days. We may withhold despatch due to forecast weather conditions or events that may impact on the integrity of the products. Should we be un-able to despatch your order within a reasonable timeframe we will contact you.

 

For urgent deliveries call us to discuss your options.

 

International Deliveries Enquire Here

(Due to restrictions on importations
we cannot ship to all countries)

 

 

The Rutherglen Estate was acquired by the iconic De Bortoli Wines in 2018 and is the world leader in production of fortified wines such as Muscat, Port and Topaque (formerly known as Tokay). One of the most progressive and diverse viticultural regions in Australia, Rutherlgen is also recognised for producing premium quality red wines and many European white varietals.

33% of the Rutherglen Estate Tempranillo 2018 is grown on the De Bortoli Melville's Vineyard on the eastern edge of the Rutherglen region. The other 67% is grown in their Tuileries vineyard which was replanted to Tempranillo in 2013. This site on the edge of the Rutherglen township has some interesting gravel, clay and alluvial soil mix. Season After a cooler and slightly wetter than average Winter, Rutherglen had good growing conditions through Spring. The Summer was warm and dry with above average temperatures but without any days of extreme heat. This allowed the grapes to develop full flavours and some fantastic depth of colour.

The 2018 Tempranillo was partially crushed into small, temperature controlled vats and an open vat fermenter. Approximately 10% of the fruit was hand plunged in an open vat and 10% was handpicked and added directly to the ferment as whole bunches, to help add complexity and structure. The fruit is cold soaked prior to alcoholic fermentation to keep a bright and vibrant fruit profile. The wine is aged in older French and American oak to give some softness and roundness on the palate without dominating the wine.

Will drink well from now until 2025, but has the potential to cellar for up to 15 years,

More Information
Case Qty6
ABV13.8%
Size (mL)750
ColourRed
VarietyTempranillo
Vintage2018
BrandDe Bortoli Wines
CountryAustralia
RegionRutherglen
StateVictoria
RRP$24.00
Dozen Buy$227.88
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Rutherglen Estate Tempranillo 2018
Your Rating
We found other products you might like!