Xanadu Exmoor Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 Margaret River
Deep red with garnet hues.
The bouquet displays blackcurrants and plums and brambly berry fruits with hints of bay leaf. Maturation in French barriques has contributed hints of toasty oak and chocolate in the background.
The approachable palate is medium to full-bodied offering juicy blackberry and plummy characters. The bright fruit and fine tannins combine to produce a very complete wine, distinctly Cabernet with an elegant structure and a wonderful persistence of fruit.
SOLD OUT - Xanadu Exmoor Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 vintage is now available here.
Beautiful, warm weather returned in Summer which saw flavour ripening accelerate quickly, bringing about our earliest vintage on record. A lack of Marri blossom leading up to and during harvest meant bird pressure was extreme, with netting absolutely vital this season.
The early start to the vintage ensured all of the red varieties were able to be harvested at optimum maturity during the cool finish to the season. 80% of blend was Estate grown on our Boodjidup and Stevens Road vineyards in the Wallcliffe sub-region of Margaret River. The remaining 20% was predominantly sourced from Northern Margaret River Grower vineyards.
Cabernet Sauvignon 92%, Cabernet Franc 7%, Merlot 1%
The fruit was crushed and destemmed then fermented in static fermenters at 26°C for 5 – 7 days. A significant portion (20%) was left for a period of extended maceration on skins followed by a gentle pressing adding plushness and a savoury textural element to the wine. The various batches underwent MLF in a combination of tank and barrel before 12 months’ maturation in a selection French oak barriques (20% new). Winery Notes
Reviews & Accolades
"A bargain cabernet sauvignon from the five-star Margaret River region is always worth checking out. And it come up trumps too, an easy-drink, medium-bodied style, with attractive layers of berry fruit flavous and a gentle hint of oak. Just the wine to enjoy during the winter months."
John Fordham, The Sunday Telegraph
"The wine also contains touches of cabernet franc and merlot, but the primary flavours lie in the leafiness and blackberry nuances gained from cabernet sauvignon. It’s brightly favoured and delicious. Try it with good lamb. Some grilled chops will do the job nicely."
|Brand||Xanadu Wines Margaret River|