Hennessy XO Cognac (700ml)
In 1870 X.O was created by Hennessy for the personal use of Mr Maurice Hennessy. More than a century later this blend from cognac finest growing regions, carefully nurtured in cellars which contain the oldest cognacs in the world. Rich, full-bodied and complex, XO combines the spicy aromas of oak and leather with the sweeter essences of flowers and ripe fruit. Well-balanced, the initial flourish is dominated by the powerful suggestion of pepper and rancio, which testify to the long years it has spent being aged. Beautifully Gift Boxed
Created by Maurice Hennessy in 1870 for his circle of friends, X.O was introduced a new style of Cognac without comparison. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the House. Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of Hennessy X.O are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
The Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and they have identified several emotions that they have assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavours of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie that have patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy note. It tantalises the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavour intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavour of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
|Vintage||No Age Statement (NAS)|